Registered designs. Infringement will lead to prosecution.
june 2013A coffee table in glass, ebony and mica
A coffee table in glass, ebony and mica by glassmaker Bernard Pictet and cabinetmaker Ludwig Vogelgesang
A combination of their expertise and discerning creativity, this elegant coffee table was created by Ludwig Vogelgesang and Bernard Pictet for the 2012 International Heritage Show.
Two rare materials are conjoined in this exceptionally refined table: rectangles of dark bronze-coloured mica for the marquetry, and a labyrinth design repeated in the etched glass top.
The mica marquetry veneer uses irregularly arranged rectangles to highlight the mineral’s changing reflections. The traditionally crafted frame is made of ebony from Mozambique.
This same pattern is reproduced in the table-top in extra-white glass which has been etched and chiselled in a "pyramidal maze" design, then water-gilded to obtain a high gloss finish with a dark patina in keeping with the natural colour of the mica. The labyrinth design adapts to the contours of the mica marquetry, while the patina ensures a pleasing harmony of colour.
ebony, mica, chiselled glass
Height: 420 MM
Width: 1300 MM
Depth: 600 MM
- Glass for a private residence in Poland, with interiors by Anna Wojczyńska's VIS-A-VIS studio won a Best Interior Residence award
- Bernard Pictet presented three mirrors at Révélations, 23-26 May 2019.
- Bernard Pictet was among exhibitors at the 2018 Monaco Yacht Show, held September 26th to 30th.
- BERNARD PICTET CREATES GLASSWORK FOR AD INTERIORS WITH ARCHITECT LAURA GONZALEZ
- French luxury and expertise at the 2018 Monaco Yacht Show
- the Cartier boutique at Harrods, London.
- Glass maker Bernard Pictet was at Salon AD Matières d'art in Paris
- Exhibition at salon AD Matières d'art at Palais d'Iena in Paris
- Illuminated kinetic glasses for Segey Skuratov
- Two new luxury spas
- Furniture in collaboration with a cabinetmaker and an artisan metalworker
- A balustrade and a monumental door
- A mirror wall in patinated palladium leaf
- Glasswork for the lobbies at Tour Odéon in Monaco
- A glass, lacquer and tulip wood screen
- Two generously sized bookcases in swamp oak
- With RDAI for the new ELIE SAAB boutique
- A glass wall, inspired by Pierre Soulages
- A table and a screen for AD Collections 2015 at Quai d’Orsay
- kinetic glass at the Decorative Arts Museum in Paris
- Decorative glass incorporating optical effects
- The bar at the Prince de Galles hotel in Paris.
- Three works in glass for the Intercontinental Hotel in Marseilles
- For AD Interior, a low table to a design by Agence Malherbe
- Atelier Bernard Pictet at Révélations at the Grand Palais in Paris
- A coffee table in glass, ebony and mica
- The new Guerlain boutique, part of the Cour des Senteurs in Versailles
- Kinetic glass walls for a staff restaurant in Paris
- Exhibition in New York
- Breathtaking Materials published by Editions Vial.
- Bernard Pictet exhibits in Moscow
- Two award-winning yachts at the 2011 Monaco yacht show
- Twenty-five glass partitions for BNP bank in Paris
- Exceptional furniture for yachts and luxury homes
- An engraved glass cascade for the art de vivre à la française fair in Moscow
- A kinetic glass « membrane » covering an « image ribbon » for the EDF Head Office foyer
- Two sculpture walls for Firmenich in Neuilly
- With Michaela Lazariou for the Dixence head office
- A kinetic glass wall with Agence Grenot
- Privates homes decorated by Brigitte Saby in Paris and Moscow
- A 10,000 sq-m canopy in front of Amiens Station