Registered designs. Infringement will lead to prosecution.
December 2011Breathtaking Materials published by Editions Vial.
Glass by Bernard Pictet is magnificently showcased in Breathtaking Materials by Caroline Perrin, published by Editions Vial.
Through more than 600 photographs, the book explores the most inspiring and unexpected materials. A material can be precious because it is noble, rare or pure. Caroline Perrin invites us to see how, in the hands of a craftsman, artist or designer, a material can also become exceptional.
Breathtaking Materials offers stunning inspiration, and a chance to discover little-known materials, studios, and men and women with a passion for their art.
« The finished piece must appear natural, in its element. The ease with which it is created confers its gracefulness and elegance. »
« Glass fascinates with its transparency, clarity and purity. It plays with light in endless ways, allowing it to penetrate, becoming translucent or opalescent (…). Silver transforms glass into mirror (…). Screenprinting covers it with films and patterns. Sand sculpts glass. Acid frosts it. The chisel indents it (…). Some are striving to reintroduce the tiny and now rarely seen imperfections of inclusions, bubbles and splinters, drawing inspiration from the aesthetic perfection of rock crystal. Thus the beauty of glass is revealed in terms of material and texture… »
25 cm x 35 cm
FRENCH AND ENGLISH
- Two spectacular double doors at Chaumet's historic Place Vendôme boutique
- Glass for a private residence in Poland, with interiors by Anna Wojczyńska's VIS-A-VIS studio won a Best Interior Residence award
- Bernard Pictet presented three mirrors at Révélations, 23-26 May 2019.
- Bernard Pictet was among exhibitors at the 2018 Monaco Yacht Show, held September 26th to 30th.
- BERNARD PICTET CREATES GLASSWORK FOR AD INTERIORS WITH ARCHITECT LAURA GONZALEZ
- French luxury and expertise at the 2018 Monaco Yacht Show
- the Cartier boutique at Harrods, London.
- Glass maker Bernard Pictet was at Salon AD Matières d'art in Paris
- Exhibition at salon AD Matières d'art at Palais d'Iena in Paris
- Illuminated kinetic glasses for Segey Skuratov
- Two new luxury spas
- Furniture in collaboration with a cabinetmaker and an artisan metalworker
- A balustrade and a monumental door
- A mirror wall in patinated palladium leaf
- Glasswork for the lobbies at Tour Odéon in Monaco
- A glass, lacquer and tulip wood screen
- Two generously sized bookcases in swamp oak
- With RDAI for the new ELIE SAAB boutique
- A glass wall, inspired by Pierre Soulages
- A table and a screen for AD Collections 2015 at Quai d’Orsay
- kinetic glass at the Decorative Arts Museum in Paris
- Decorative glass incorporating optical effects
- The bar at the Prince de Galles hotel in Paris.
- Three works in glass for the Intercontinental Hotel in Marseilles
- For AD Interior, a low table to a design by Agence Malherbe
- Atelier Bernard Pictet at Révélations at the Grand Palais in Paris
- A coffee table in glass, ebony and mica
- The new Guerlain boutique, part of the Cour des Senteurs in Versailles
- Kinetic glass walls for a staff restaurant in Paris
- Exhibition in New York
- Breathtaking Materials published by Editions Vial.
- Bernard Pictet exhibits in Moscow
- Two award-winning yachts at the 2011 Monaco yacht show
- Twenty-five glass partitions for BNP bank in Paris
- Exceptional furniture for yachts and luxury homes
- An engraved glass cascade for the art de vivre à la française fair in Moscow
- A kinetic glass « membrane » covering an « image ribbon » for the EDF Head Office foyer
- Two sculpture walls for Firmenich in Neuilly
- With Michaela Lazariou for the Dixence head office
- A kinetic glass wall with Agence Grenot
- Privates homes decorated by Brigitte Saby in Paris and Moscow
- A 10,000 sq-m canopy in front of Amiens Station